How To Grow Back Receding Gums Naturally
Receding gums or gingival recession is when the roots of the teeth are exposed, because of gum tissue loss and because the gingival margin from the teeth crown is retracted.
This is a very common problem among people who are 40+, but it can also happen to younger people.
It is the ideal period when bacteria can grow and the reason is because the gum located around your teeth corrodes and it seems like the gums actually recede backwards. This is the time when your teeth are more visible. As the tooth root is going to be exposed it might cause sensitivity and extreme pain in the tooth.
The worst thing is that you can lose your tooth as it might have a negative influence over the bone and structure of the tooth.
It is process that happens gradually and slowly, and it is difficult to notice when the process happens. In case your teeth are extremely sensitive, and if you have noticed that there is a change in the size of the teeth (this means they are larger than before), it means that you might have this problem. These are the first symptoms.
What causes this problem?
It can be caused by many reasons:
1. Not brushing your teeth once in a day can cause calculus. This is a hard substance and can cause gum recession.
2. Another reason is aggressive brushing, which will destroy the teeth enamel and can also cause receding gums.
3. In some cases genes can be the reason for this problem and it is a helpless situation.
4. Hormone imbalance can cause receding gums and this is common among women.
5. Smoking can also cause receding gums, besides cancer and lung diseases.
6. Periodontal disease, known as bacterial gum infection might damage the supporting tooth bone.
7. Teeth grinding and clenching can also cause receding gums as well.
8. Piercing your tongue and lips is weird but can also cause receding gums.
Treating receding gums
If you notice the problem on time your doctor will treat it. He will remove all plague from the teeth and from the surface located underneath the gum line. In case this is not noticed on time, you might have to go on a surgery. Regeneration of the lost bone and tissue of teeth and gums, soft tissue graft or depth reduction can be one of them. You can try some homemade remedies, and if you use them you might avoid the surgery after all. However, if you have gums infection you should consult with your doctor as you do not know what kind of damage has this infection done to your teeth and gums. If you do not have a serious problem, you should use certain homemade remedies. Proper oral hygiene will help as well.
How to grow them back?
Gingiva is a part of the soft mouth tissue lining. They are surrounding the teeth and also seal them. Compared with the soft tissue linings of the cheeks and lips, most of it is tightly bound to the underlying bone and this helps to resist the friction of food that passes over them. If you combine proper oral hygiene with certain recipes such as oil pulling it is possible to grow them back.
We present you few natural recipes, all of which can help you to grow back the receding gums
You can use simple ingredients including spices and herbs to make them.
Green tea has different health benefits and it contains many antioxidants which fight against free radicals which can cause periodontal disease and eventually cause receding gums. Green tea can strengthen the connection between the teeth and gums and it is going to reduce the gums swelling which cause oral diseases. Each morning after your wake up drink one cup of green tea.
Aloe Vera can help you to solve the problems with gums. It has different health benefits which are skin related, as it has different anti-inflammatory properties and also has repairing capabilities. Aloe Vera is going to fight against inflammation and it is going to turn on the cells that are crucial for tissue repairmen and there will not have other infection as it has powerful antibacterial properties.
You can try 2 ways for using Aloe Vera. Use Aloe Vera gel for brushing and as a mouthwash. Once you have finished with brushing and flossing add a little bit of aloe Vera gel on your brush and brush your gums and teeth for 3 – 5 minutes.
The second option is to use it instead of regular mouthwash. Once you are done with brushing, take aloe Vera, dissolve it in water and use it like you would use a mouthwash.
If you form a protective layer over the teeth, the sesame oil is going to lower the chances of plague building. This will help you to destroy all toxins in your mouth and additionally help you with other oral problems.
The first thing is to warm the sesame oil, but do not overheat it. After brushing your teeth, place the sesame oil in your mouth and swish it for a couple of minutes.
Coconut oil is also great as it can lower the chances of infections development, and this is one of the reasons for receding gums. Coconut oil is amazing for treating receding gums.
When you are done with brushing your teeth you should use coconut oil instead of mouthwash. You can use it 1-2 minutes and as you progress you can increase the time.
People use essential oils for different homemade remedies. Bacteria and germs located in the mouth can be easily destroyed with the use of eucalyptus essential oil. This oil will also protect you from other oral issues.
Take 1 – 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil and water. Before using it you should dilute the oil and apply it in the gums, using gentle massage moves with the toothbrush.
It will help you to stop the gum recession and is going to prevent other gums damages. You can also use it to cure different mouth and gums problems.
For this you should use powdered myrrh. Combine it with water to make a paste and apply it on the gums with gentle moves using your toothbrush.
If you use this oil the toothache will be gone in no time. You can chew one clove after your meals. It should touch each side of the mouth and this way it will kill off any bacteria in your mouth and help with bad breath. By using this oil you will cure many oral diseases.
1 or 2 drops are enough for massaging your gums. You should do this 1 to 3 times in a day.
Lemons have amazing antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Using too many lemons might cause damage to the tooth enamel and that is why you should not use lemon on a daily basis for treating your teeth. Once in 7 days would be enough for stimulation of the growth of the receding gums and it is going to kill off bad breath. How to make homemade lemon oil:
You will need:
– ½ to 1 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice
– ¼ to ½ cup of olive oil
Combine them in a jar and shake it. Set the jar aside and use it after few weeks. You should share the jar every day. You should massage the gums with this mixture for a couple of minutes using your fingers. Do this for a period of 2 times in a week.
How to prevent gum recession
These are few tips on how to prevent gum recession.
– Proper oral hygiene is the most important part for this to be successful.
– Do not brush your teeth aggressively.
– Brush your teeth using circular motions and gentle strokes.
– Do not push the gum, brush along the gym line.
– Use a brush that has soft bristles and small head.
– If you floss and brush your teeth after every meal you will not have problems. In case you cannot do this, use mouthwash after your meals.
Mouthwash for a clean mouth
If you want to remove germs and bacteria you should use a mouthwash and we present you 2 natural recipes:
– Combine 1 – 2 drops of essential oil, (peppermint, sage, tea tree or clove oil) and mix it with ¼ – ½ cups of water. Shake well and use it on a daily basis.
– Another great option is hydrogen peroxide. Always dilute it with water.
Drinking water is very important because it will help you to eliminate toxins from the body and help you to have a clean mouth.
Healthy food choices
Eating healthy is great for the body and you should know that a lot of diseases start because of poor diet. Eating junk food is going to feed the bacteria in your mouth and this will eventually cause infections.
You should eat fruits and vegetables that contain a lot of vitamin C such as: oranges, strawberries, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
If you have lack of certain vitamins you should take supplements. Consult with your doctor as this can cause other health problems.
– Calcium is very important for bone and dental health.
– Vitamin C is great for the immune system as it has different anti-inflammatory properties.
– Ginkgo biloba is going to improve the blood circulation and this is very important for healthy gums.
– Zinc is great for the immune system and it is going to destroy bacteria which are the reason for oral diseases and infections.
– Coenzume Q10 is great for cells renewal and for growing back receding gums.