How To Start Growing Ginger At Home So You Won’t Have To Buy It Again
Do you like cooking with a fresh ginger root? It is surprisingly easy to grow ginger roots indoors and, in this article, we are going to show you how to do it.
Ginger efficiently treats pregnancy-related nausea and sea sickness. In addition, it is thought that ginger relieves nausea as effectively as nausea medications.
Furthermore, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, ginger soothes sore muscles, joint pain and relieves stiffness in people with osteoarthritis.
Moreover, ginger is beneficial for treating stomach issues. In other words, it boosts stomach emptying in people who suffer from indigestion.
Owning to its numerous health benefits, you should include ginger roots in your diet. You can either add it to teas and meals, or use it as a natural medicine.
How to grow ginger roots indoors?
First, you need to find ginger. It is better to buy it from a garden centre or a seed catalog than from grocery stores, where it is sprayed with growth inhibitors in order to keep it from sprouting.
Then, you need rich and drain soil. Also, you should use a shallow and wide pot, as ginger roots are better to be grown horizontally.
When you are ready, here is how to grow ginger roots indoors step by step:
1. Soak the ginger root throughout the night to prepare it for planting.
2. Fill the pot with rich soil and put the ginger root in the soil with the ginger eyes facing upwards.
3. Cover the ginger root with soil (1 – 2 inches).
4. Water it well.
5. Keep the pot on a warm spot, which does not get a lot of direct sunlight.
6. Maintain the moisture of the soil with a spray bottle.
7. Water the plant on a regular basis and keep it warm.
8. You can harvest a small piece of the ginger root after 3 – 4 months. Put the soil at the edges of the pot aside and find the rhizomes. Cut the required amount and return the soil.
In this way, you can cut ginger roots endlessly.