How To Remove Uric Acid Crystallization From Your Body And Prevent Joint Pain And Gout
Gout is an arthritic disease which causes intense joint pain and usually affects joints near the toes. The attack occurs during the night and it is usually accompanied by heat, swelling, and redness in the area.
Gout can be also triggered by infectious diseases, dehydration, high intake of sugar and soda drinks, excess alcohol intake, and injury. This, in turn, may lead to uric acid buildup, also known as hyperuricemia.
Factors that may also lead to gout are:
- Diuretic medications for heart failure, edema, and hypertension
- The drug cyclosporine
- Chronic kidney issues
- Family history
Uric acid is naturally produced in the body by the purine metabolism. It is transported to the kidneys and eliminated through the urine.
However, if the levels of uric acid are very high, kidneys wouldn’t be able to process it which leads to accumulation of crystals around the joints. This condition is known as gout.
It requires suitable medical treatment but you can relieve the symptoms by improving your diet and lifestyle as well.
Tips that may help you reduce the levels of uric acid crystals in your body:
- Limit the intake of alcohol
- Reduce the intake of foods rich in saturated fats, such as red meats, high-fat dairy products, and fatty poultry
- Avoid consuming sugar-sweetened beverages
- Limit the intake of candy, white bread, cakes, and corn syrup
- Practice stress-relieving techniques such as listening to music, yoga or meditation
- Optimize the vitamin C levels
- Reduce the consumption of lean meat, fish, and poultry
Increase the intake of the following foods:
- Pineapple – it has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Flaxseed – it can reduce the levels of serum uric acid
- Parsley – it contains flavonoids which reduce uric acid levels
- Turmeric – stimulates the function of kidneys and has anti-inflammatory properties
- Cherries, berries, and grapes – they have anti-inflammatory effects because they are rich in proanthocyanidins
Apart from this, you should also use some natural homemade remedies that can help you to fight this disease:
- A glass of lemon water each morning will alkalize your body and prevent uric acid buildup.
- Practice drinking a glass of water and apple cider vinegar every day before lunch and dinner.
- You can also mix some water with ½ a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Blend 1 grapefruit, 1 cucumber, a 2-inch ginger root, and 1 cup of pineapple chunks. Drink the natural juice every day.
- Place one sliced cucumber, two stalks of celery, a slice of lemon, and one teaspoon of ginger root (grated) into a blender. Mix the ingredients and drink the mixture on an empty stomach every day.
To reduce the swelling and pain apply hot and cold compresses onto the affected area and let them act for about 15 minutes each. You can also soak your toes in Epsom salt 3 times a week to reduce inflammation and pain.