Old Ginger-Garlic Soup Recipe Used In The Past To Beat Cold, Flu, Sinus Infections And Excess Mucus
During the winter, we need to be more careful about the food we consume. In order to protect ourselves from harmful bacteria, we need to increase the intake of foods rich in minerals and vitamins.
Namely, due to the cold weather in winter, the body needs food that can cause warming effects, such as ginger, hearty soups or cinnamon.
Therefore, today we are going to present you a recipe for a miraculous soup that will do wonders for your overall health. It will provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins and it will keep the bacteria at bay. This soup will also give you the necessary warming effects and protect you from sinus infections, cold, and flu.
It is composed of two highly powerful ingredients:
Garlic is one of the most popular ingredients, which has been used in cooking due to its delicious taste and strong smell. Its main active compound is allicin – a substance that has numerous medicinal properties. Garlic is low in calories but high in nutrients, including vitamin B6, selenium, manganese, fiber, vitamin C, potassium, iron, calcium, copper, phosphorus and vitamin B1. It also has numerous health benefits, for example:
• It protects the body against flu and the common cold
• Reduces the elevated blood pressure
• Improves the level of cholesterol
• Lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases
• Prevents dementia and Alzheimer’s disease owing to its mighty antioxidant properties
• Detoxifies heavy metals in the body
• Improves bone health
Ginger is widely used due to its extraordinary health benefits. It contains cardamom, gingerol, and turmeric and it has been used for more than 4.700 years in the treatment of numerous ailments. It acts as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent, and its healing properties have been proven by numerous medical studies:
• It prevents heart diseases and stroke
• Acts as a natural remedy against nausea and indigestion
• Boosts the immune system
• Purifies the lymphatic system
• Enhances the respiratory function
• Destroys the harmful bacteria and treats bacterial infections
• Treats fungal infections
• Relieves pain
• It is a natural remedy for GERD and stomach ulcers
• Prevents cancer and inhibits cancer cells growth
• Improves diabetes naturally
• Lowers the high cholesterol
• Reduces arthritic pain
Here is the recipe:
• 4 green onions (sliced)
• 2 cloves of garlic (peeled and diced)
• 50 g of root ginger (sliced)
• 7 cups of chicken broth
• Mushrooms (chopped)
• Medium-hot chili (finely diced)
Put the onions, ginger, garlic and the mushrooms in a large pan and sauté them over low heat. Then, add the chicken broth and let the mixture boil. Stir gently until the ingredients become soft. Finally, add the chili and stir the mixture for about five minutes.
Serve the soup while it is warm and combine it with crusty bread and lemon water.
Leave a Reply