Tea That Treats Flu, Strep Throat And Sinus Infections
Thanks to its strong flavor, oregano tea is used as a spice in the cuisines all over the world. Nevertheless, not many people have heard about its healing health properties. It is one of the most beneficial remedies that have been used for treating various health conditions for years.
Due to its mighty antioxidants, including thymol, pinene and rosemary acid, oregano oil helps revitalization of damaged body cells and prevents free radical damage. Namely, free radicals represent byproducts from digestion that negatively affect the DNA membrane and cause numerous health ailments.
In addition, oregano oil is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, minerals, such as calcium, zinc, magnesium, potassium, manganese, iron, fiber, and vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E. Moreover, thanks to its high content of volatile oils, oregano oil has powerful antifungal, anti-malaria, diuretic, diaphoretic and carminative properties. Its antiseptic properties prevent the growth and development of harmful microorganisms within the human body. Furthermore, thanks to its soothing properties, oregano oil is used to treat flu, sore throat and sinus infections.
According to the Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacy, oregano extract can enhance cancer indicators. In other words, researchers have found out that the extract of oregano can significantly hinder the development of cancer cells in the body.
Consuming oregano oil on a daily basis is considered to regulate cholesterol levels, too.
Other health benefits of consuming oregano oil include:
• Treat sore throat
• Treat nasal congestion
• Get rid of intestinal parasites
• Relieve headaches
• Relieve back pain, stomach cramping and menstrual pain
• Prevent sinus and ear infections
• Fight common cold, flu and viruses
• Reduce inflammation
• Improve appetite
• Enhance the cardiovascular system
• Maintain optimal body weight
• Treat urinary issues and constipation
• Relieve fatigue and heartburn
• Relieve asthma attacks
• Prevent dandruff
• Relieve toothache
HOW TO PREPARE AND USE OREGANO TEA FOR MAXIMUM BENEFITS
For the preparation of oregano tea, you can use either fresh or dried oregano leaves.
• If you use fresh oregano leaves, you will need 2 cups of water and ½ – 1 tablespoon of oregano leaves. However, if you use dried oregano leaves, you will need 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of dried oregano leaves.
• Chop the fresh / dried oregano leaves and add them into the cups.
• Pour the oregano leaves with hot water and leave it to stay for 10 minutes.
• Let it cool and consume the tea.
• Consume the oregano tea up to 3 times a day.
• You can add honey or sugar for taste.
OTHER USES OF OREGANO
You can apply oregano oil to treat microbial infections, like athletes foot or other fungal infection. Before applying the oil to the affected place, make sure you dilute it by 50 %. Apply it twice a day.
In addition, you can use unsweetened oregano tea as a mouthwash or gargle.
Furthermore, add oregano oil or leaves to boiling water. Place your head over the bowl with boiling water and inhale the steam in order to release phlegm and sooth bronchial spasms.
Moreover, add oregano leaves or oil to pastas, pizzas, meat, fish or soups.
Finally, include oregano leaves or oil into the bath to relieve aches, disinfect and cleanse the lungs.
Consuming oregano can lead to upset stomach in people. In addition, people, who are allergic to plants, including basil, lavender, sage or mint, should be very caution, because they may develop an allergy to oregano, too.